Monday, February 23, 2009

3rd Assignment_describing process

How petroleum was formed

A lot of natural resources, such as soil, petroleum, oil, etc. must be keep savely. Petroleum is non renewable resources and rare. If it's used up we need million years to produce it again.

The petroleum we obtain today was formed under the ground for many million of years. In the past, small animal living in the sea sank to the seabed when they died. Layers of these creatures built up over one millions of years, and the actions of heat, pressure and bacteria turned their bodies into petroleum. The petroleum spread through porous rocks until it came to impervious rocks. In this way, pockets of petroleum were formed beneath the ground. Over many thousand of years, this land rose above the sea, and deposits of oil are now found on or near land.

Oil companies employ scientist to study rocks and discover where oil is likely to be found. It seems likely that oil exists beneath their feet; they will drill a narrow hole to find out whether there is any oil. They maybe unsuccessful; if a new field is being explored, there is one chance in nine of discovering petroleum.

5 comments:

  1. This is the most worth-to-be-considered problem in the world, if I do say so myself. I can't imagine if there is no more fuel for the human. What will we do?

    Well, thanks for posting about this. I hope the readers will at least think about this, so then they can do something to solve this problem.

    Good writing Riska. Keep up the good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hei...so did you study science? I hope you know well about the process. It took very long time, did it? I hope we realize that sometime it will be empty. And, I suggest you to retrench in using it.
    By the way, I appreciate of your improving in writing. I hope you check some mistakes you made in your writing. OK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. your article is interesting. Do you know that you can use bio fuel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's the difference between petroleum and petromax?
    hakakakaka
    ( disconnected ) hikikiki

    It is a good writing.
    Keep it as ur skill, okay?
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Petrol is a classic problem of the world. It was formed long long time ago, but we use it in a very short time. It's time to care the nature by reducing carbon.
    Good writing anyway!

    ReplyDelete